These delicious pecan cookies were suggested to me by a participant in our Facebook community. They’re absolutely delicious! The coconut oil is good for gut health (if you don’t have salycilate sensitivity), the sugar level is low, and the almond meal and pecans lend magnesium and methionine.
- 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal (I have used both with success)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Add the coconut oil and the pure maple syrup to a large bowl. If the oil is very hard, microwave for a few seconds until soft but not melted. Stir briskly with a whisk until the syrup and oil are mixed together – this may take a minute or two. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Scoop mounded tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet, spacing about two inches apart. Press down gently with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake until set and the edges are golden brown, 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Adapted from this recipe.
Empower Yourself to Heal from Chronic Migraine
The SimplyWell Protocol is available in our shop along with other e-books and products related to nutritional healing of migraine.
Or go to our services page to book a one-on-one coaching session or hair tissue mineral analysis with Marya Gendron (includes a copy of the SimplyWell Protocol and other e-books).
Latest posts by Marya Gendron (see all)
- How to Make Your Own DIY Near Infrared Sauna Panel for $90 (Video) - November 23, 2018
- Interview with Marya Gendron on the Total Wellness Mastery Summit - November 13, 2018
- Vegetable Oils Are Contributing to Your Migraines - November 12, 2018